There are lots of people writing about change management, work places of the future, adaptability and impact. Here are a few informative articles that influence my work and thinking:
- Adopting a Mindset of 'Executing as Learning'. An Interview with Amy Edmondson. Rotman Magazine Winter, 2013. Pg 12. "In the realm of teaming, people need to develop a new capability for sharing crucial knowledge quickly; they must learn to ask questions clearly and frequently; they must make small adjustments through which different skills and knowledge are woven together into timely products and services."
- The Atlantic: The Future of Work. December 2013. Quotable: "One of the tragedies of the modern economy is that because one's college history is such a crucial signal in our labour market, perfectly able people who simply couldn't sit still in a classroom at the age of 16, or didn't have their act together at 22, routinely get left behind for good"
- Shift Your Lens: The Power of Re-Framing Problems by Tina Seeling. Rotman Magazine, Winter 2013. Pg 46. "All day long, we are creating frames for what we see, hear and experience, and those frames both INFORM and LIMIT the way we think"
- Wired Magazine: From Smarter than you Think by Clive Thompson. October 2013. Quotable: "And making connections is a big deal in the history of thought-and it's future. That's because of a curious fact: If you look at the world's biggest breakthrough ideas, they often occur simultaneously to different people. This is known as the theory of multiples."
- Harvard Business Review: Tours of Duty - The New Employee-Employer Contract. June 2013. Quotable: "You can’t have an agile company if you give employees lifetime contracts—and the best people don’t want one employer for life anyway. But you can build a better compact than “every man for himself.”
- National Geographic: America Strikes Oil - The Promise and Risk of Fracking. March 2013. Quotable: "[Mayor Brent] Sanford isn't blind to the trauma Watford City is undergoing."
- Inc Magazine: 2 Reasons to Keep Your Eye on GitHub. February 27th, 2013. Quotable: "If you have code on GitHub but the whole world can't see it, then you're paying for it." Tom Preston-Werner
- Huffington Post: Davos 2013 - Resilience as a 21st Century Imperative. January 22rd, 2013. Quotable: "Building resilience is not a luxury, it's a 21st century imperative." Judith Roden, CEO Rockerfeller Foundation
- Rotman Magazine: 10 Essential Skills that Every Worker Needs. Fall 2012. Gist: Digital skills are critical for every organization.
- Canadian Business: The StartUp that Would Leave. September 23rd, 2012. Quotable: "When you’re starting out with something, it’s really important to establish your own measures of success"
- New York Times: To Stay Relevant in a Career, Workers Train Nonstop. September 21st, 2012. Quotable : "The need to constantly adapt is the new reality for many workers"
- Wired Magazine: How To Spot the Future. April 24th, 2012. Quotable: "Bank on Openness"
- Globe and Mail: Aldo Shoes Global Footprint. September 30th, 2010. Gist: They get product to market way faster than their competitors.